Ray Obiedo is an American smooth jazz guitarist.
Obiedo grew up in Richmond, California, and began playing guitar at age 17. Initially he played both jazz and R&B, appearing on record with Herbie Hancock, Julian Priester, and Sheila E.. He was the leader of jazz fusion group Kick and the rock band Rhythmus 21. In 1989 he signed with Windham Hill, with whom he would release five albums in eight years.
- Perfect Crime (Windham Hill, 1989)
- Iguana (Windham Hill, 1991) U.S. Top Contemporary Jazz Albums #10
- Sticks & Stones (Windham Hill, 1993) U.S. Contemporary Jazz #7
- Zulaya (Windham Hill, 1993) U.S. Contemporary Jazz #22M
- Sweet Summer Days (Windham Hill, 1997)
- The Modern World (Domo Records, 1999)
Link coming soon